OpenCV consulting and contracting – computer vision, machine vision, image processing and neural networks
I am available for hire as a computer vision, machine vision, image processing and neural network expert, specialising in the open source (and excellent) OpenCV computer vision library, as well as the FANN neural network. In fact, the barcode software originated as an image-processing project many years ago, before maturing as a popular product in its own right.
I have recent experience (including as a commercial OpenCV programmer / contractor / consultant) in various areas of machine vision such as:
- Data capture from files (still or video), webcams, IP cameras, etc
- Object detection
- Object recognition
- Scene analysis
- Face detection
- Morphing / deskewing / normalising scene objects
- Thresholding, edge detection, template matching, etc
- Various machine learning tools such as neural networks, genetic algorithms, particle swarm optimisation, etc
Recent specific commercial contracts I have worked on include:
- A very successful neural network for a pattern recognition project in the medical sector. (February 2012)
- Neural network compilation, tuition and consulting for a project in financial services. (2010-2012)
- A machine vision system using OpenCV and other tools to analyse very complex and noisy images of the real world, identifying certain features (no details available, as several patents are pending for the client). (2011-2012 and ongoing)
One recent neural network client (2012) commented:
A great person to work with. Very good at what he does. Delivers the agreed deliverables very quickly. Updates you frequently via email on how the work is going, and what he plans to do next. Very little effort was needed to make him understand the task that needed to be done. Has great ideas on how to improve or extened the work further. Professional and high quality work and documents are provided [5/5 stars]
Another client on a neural network project commented:
Tom is very friendly and professional. I am very satisfied with the work he has done for me. [5/5 stars]
My full profile, including client feedback, is available on
Available to work on computer vision, neural networks, genetic algorithms, and other artificial intelligence projects.
I am available for contract programming / consulting for OpenCV and neural networks work on a daily / hourly basis, at reasonable rates. I work ‘remotely’ (in the UK) and am used to using tools such as Skype, instant chat, and email to keep in close touch with clients. I am able to travel to an initial meeting (within reason!) to discuss your project, and occasional follow-up meetings, but 95% of work will be done remotely (preferably on my system, with updates to you as required).
I am experienced in producing software for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, and can also develop software for Android smartphones.
To discuss your computer vision, neural network or genetic algorithm project – please email me.